Friday, July 16, 2010

Kill Your Darlings Issue 2


I recently added in the great one liners from Issue 1 of this new journal. I enjoyed reading the first one so much that i immediately subscribed. And bought a subscription for my mum. Because I'm a good guy like that, sometimes. Issue 2 arrived in the mail recently with a hand written letter from Deputy Editor Hannah thanking me for taking up a subscription. Great people. And great content.

Shock - Pierz Newtown-John
1. She switches on the light in the living room, the jaundiced illumination of a low-watt bulb...

2. Her blackness in the blackness like a double negation, like an absence made flesh...

Friction - Virginia Peters
1. As she spun across the wholemeal carpet and into the kitchen.

A Terror Story - Leanne Hall
1. I blink, blank.

2. Her eyes have flecks of rust and yellow in them. I'm afraid she'll read my mind with eyes like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment