Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wells Tower - Executors of Important Energies


I first discovered Wells Tower reading his 2024 dystopic apocalypse Raw Water. He wrote a bleak future well. He does so again here.


1. We spent evenings there as children because the light was alien and monstrously orange and had a way of making you feel good.

2. The second man gazed at the violent green immensity above the trees and power steeples.

3. Today, I planned to sell the prototype and patent for several tens of thousands and hurry to the Gulf to cram an expensive boat and a big-titted stranger into the hollow places in my heart.

4. He bit off a kernel of pinky nail and worried it with his front teeth.

5. ”What are you doing?” said Lucy’s voice, close in the clay and soft stone.

6. Most ungrateful bitch you’ve ever seen. Stuck her finger down my eye and touched me on the mind. Seeing double now.

7. He mimed a flurry of saxophone riffs and his fingertips looked fairly professional.

8. Theybroke each other’s hearts on schedule, always in the same indigo half-hour of the morning.

9. ”Kenneth. Ken-Nay. Right now, I’m reminded of a song written by a colleague of mine called ‘Killing Me Softly,’ because you are hurting me with this.”

No comments:

Post a Comment